viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2012

Wellcome philatelists to my new blog

Wellcome to my new blog on non catalogued Spanish stamps varieties.
 
 
           First of all I want to thank you in advance if you ever read these words. As English is not my first language but Spanish, I beg you pardon for all the mistakes you'll sure find in my writing, although I'll try to do my best for sure.
 
 
            I have been going through Spanish stamps collecting since I was twelve, and I have noticed after twenty years of study, that the most expert bibliography does not tell us all about Spanish tamps. As regards varieties, only some of them a catalogued in the most specialiced books on Spanish Stamps; for example in Edifil Specialiced Catalogue or even older ones like Martínez Pina's Manual de las emisiones de sellos de España.
 
 
            The aim of this blog is to show everyone interested in these non catalogued varieties I have progressively noticed as well as others that any philatelist had discovered. Of course, any comment from readers is wellcome.
 
 
             To begin with, I will show you two fresh new discovered varieties on 2012 stamps serie about music instruments. These varieties has been discovered together in two differente stamps whole pages and in the same position. Let's describe them separately:
 
 
1.- Sitar: As we can see in the lower stamp, the pieze of the instrument that joins the arm with the rest of the instrument has been invaded by the yellowish colour from the background, insted of being grey as we can see in the uuper stamp. Look at the image:
 
 

 
 
2.- Balalaica: If we look at the bottom of the instrument carefully we can observe a line of the same colour than the shadow of the balalica which goes into the instrument lower part. As we can see in the upper stamp this line does not exist as well as in the rest of the stamps. Look at the image:
 
 

 
 
3.- To finish with, I will show you the position in the whole leave. Remember that these varieties were found in two different leaves in the same position. Look at the image:
 
 

 
 



           I hope this first contribution will be usefull for you or at least it will entertain philatelists for a while. I will try to make a contribution every week.
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario